Friday, April 19, 2013

Good News!

Greetings and Salutations,

A lot has happened in the last few days, so I am going to take a few minutes to explain. I have been out of a job for a while now, about 8 months. During those 8 months, I have has some ups and I have had some downs. Seemed like more downs than ups, but as I am fond of saying, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I have to say that I am stronger now. Wednesday I had a job interview, and like the 20 or so of them I had previously, I didn't get that job. I was at my breaking point. I was starting to think that I wouldn't ever find a job. I had no more interviews lined up, no idea where to put in the next application. I had applied everywhere and for any job that I could think of. As I was at my breaking point I realized that I had done everything I could to get a job, everything I could do to find work somewhere and nothing had worked. I realized that I needed help, so I humbled myself, got on my knees and turned it all over to Heavenly Father. I told him that I had done all I could do and that I was turning it all over to him and I would subject myself to whatever He had in mind for me.

I must have finally learned what I was suppose to learn. I needed to learn patients, I needed to learn to trust in Him again. I need to learn that I couldn't do it on my own. Finally realized what I was suppose to realize which was to put my trust in Him and he would do the rest. And like he has promised those who do what he asks, he would bless those that do what he asked. After humbling myself, I received a text from my wonderful wife, reminding me that I needed to get into contact with a potential employer that I hadn't done yet. So I took a chance and sent out a quick email to them. Turned out they were still hiring and they wanted me to come in for an interview the next day. I went into that interview with high hopes. That lost feeling, and the feeling that I was about to break, was no longer there. The company interviewed me and then surprised me by hiring me on the spot. I couldn't have been more happy.

I look back on this experience with many lessons learned. I believe I am a better man because of this experience and I will take what I have learned so I don't have to repeat this. Thank you all for your undying support. I thank you all. Till next time.

1 comment: