Monday, February 27, 2012

Guardian Angel Part IV


Part IV
           
The SUV reaches a small one room shack twenty miles out of town in the middle of nowhere. The dark figure slipped out of the SUV and carried the unconscious couple into the shack, locks the door, then climbed into his SUV and heads back into town. He arrived at his apartment, stumbles into his apartment, and slams the door. He sank to his knees clutching his head as if he were in immense pain. He screamed out in pain, “I did what you asked me, please take the pain away.”
The pain suddenly increases and his skull felt like it was about to explode. He glanced over at the mirror and his reflection appeared to be laughing at him. “Fool, you haven’t completed everything I have for you to do.”
His words were barely audible, “What more would you have me do my master?” The pain subsides and a thought enters his head. An evil smile finds its way onto his face as the Evil One’s plan becomes clear in his mind. “I understand and your will be done Master.”
***
Michael awakens and found him and Samantha in a small one room shack. He ran over to Samantha, “Are you alright Sammie?”
“I think so Mike, what happened?”
“I’m not sure, the last thing I remember was picking you up at your house, and then we somehow ended up here.”
She looked up at him with fear in her eyes, “I’m scared.”
He took her in his arms and whispered, “I won’t let anyone or anything hurt you.”
She smiles and lays her head on his chest, “You know Mike; I’ve never been able to outrun you. I always thought there would come a day when I didn’t regret telling you goodbye. Looking back, I should have realized that I can’t outrun you.”
“I don’t know what to say, Sammie.”
She smiles, “There’s a part of you in every part of me. It’s like your ghost is chasing me, and I can’t outrun you. I have moved around, and no matter where I go, you always seem to be with me. I’ve had a chance with other guys, but I only ever saw your face. I’ve prayed that the memory of you would fade, but I guess God knows better. I guess what I am saying is that I am so sorry for breaking your heart and if you can find it in your heart to forgive me, I would like the chance to love you again. This time I would love you right.” A tear finds its way down her cheek as she looked into his eyes, “I love you Michael.”
Michael placed his hands on her chin and tilted her head up and kissed her gently, then whispered, “I love you too Samantha, I always have and always will. Now we need to get out of here and find out who took us.”
He took her hand and went to the front door, finding it lock he put his boot to it and kicked it open. Samantha looked at Michael, “My hero.” They both chuckle and run out the open door. Soon after they left the cabin, they found themselves lost in the surrounding forest. The sun started setting and still they found themselves lost in the forest.
They stopped to rest for a moment or two, and suddenly Sam had an idea, she closed her eyes and silently pleaded with whoever was listening, “Please help us God, if you are there. I think you are… please help us out of this forest.” A moment later, she heard a voice in her mind, telling her the way out of the forest. They head off in the direction she was told Michael trusting her that she knows where she’s going.
As they race toward the edge of the forest, the trees begin to move, ever so slightly, moving them in the direction the Evil one wants. They soon come to a clearing and once out of the cover of the trees they see that they are back at the cabin where they started. They saw the dark figure standing on the porch. He points a boney finger toward them and they are surrounding by a pack of wolves with glowing red eyes. He laughs at them, “Did you actually think you could get away from me? It will take more than just a prayer to get you out of this.”
The dark figure started to make his way toward the couple when a bright white light comes out of nowhere and blinds the dark figure. As the dark figure staggered back, a figure stepped out of the white light with a flaming sword and shield. “You will not have these people Evil One.”
The dark figure just laughs, “Whose going to stop me? You? I think not… no, no one can stop me. I have the power of the Evil One, I am unstoppable. I will kill you and then I will continue with the Evil One’s plan.” With that said the dark one pulled out a sword that was black at pitch. The two combatants begin to circle…
***

2 comments: